Strong legs are the key to increasing strength and stamina in the water.
These Olympic kicking drills are tough and demanding and just what you need to improve your performance.
- Using a kickboard or swim fins, these exercises are designed to enhance your training experience:
- Increase your speed with these demanding kick drills. Kick for five minutes as fast as you can and rest for one minute. Repeat each set two to four times.
- Kick for 25 metres, stop, then kick for another 25 metres, increasing your speed each time for a rapid set of four. Repeat each rapid set, two to four times.
- Working your way up to 10 sets, kick as fast as you can for 100 meters, rest for 20 seconds, then kick for another 100 meters.
- This 20-minute kicking drill will test your endurance. Alternating between 25-meter sprints and 50-meter recovery swim, kick continuously for 20 minutes.
- Do not do all of these exercises on the same day.
- Focus on the stroke you want to improve.
- Make sure you take the time you need to rest between reps until you increase your strength.
Originally published @ FITLODE.COM