Crab and artichoke have two things in common – they both contain high levels of chromium, which is good for diabetics as it helps to stabilize blood sugars. Also, they both help to lower cholesterol, which is a very good thing.
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/8 tsp dried whole thyme
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper, chopped
- 14 oz can artichoke hearts (drained & chopped)
- 6 oz can crabmeat, drained well
- 32 won ton wraps (3” X 3”)
- 6 tbsp light parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp dried chives
- Combine flour, thyme, pepper and eggs in a small bowl. Add roasted red pepper, chopped artichokes and crabmeat.
- Spray 32 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray and press one won ton wrap gently into each muffin tin, allowing the edges to extend over the top.
- Spoon crab/artichoke mixture evenly into muffin cups, sprinkle with cheese and chives.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F until mixture is set and edges of won tons are lightly browned.
You can serve these dim sum with a chili and roasted red pepper dip. Combine one chili pepper, with one or two roasted red peppers, the juice of one lemon, chives, thyme, salt and pepper into a blend and mix until desired thickness.
Nutritional Information per Won Ton
- Calories: 85
- Protein: 5 g (20 cal)
- Carbs: 5 g (20 cal)
- Fat: 5 g (45 cal)
Originally published @ FITLODE.COM