These bars are a great combination of trail mix, a granola bar and protein bars.
If you’re in need of a quick pick-me-up or need a snack on the run, these delicious protein bars will answer the call for many of those cravings while providing you with essential protein packed full of flavor and nutritious ingredients.
1 cup natural crunchy peanut butter
¾ cup honey
1 cup rolled oats (large flake and if you’re feeling adventurous, you could try a mix of grains like rye, kamut, spelt, and barley)
¼ cup ground flax seed
3/4 cup chopped almonds, ¼ copped hazelnuts
(Optional: Add in some raw sunflower and pumpkin seeds)
(Optional: 1 cup chopped mixed fruit, cranberries, dates, figs, apricots, prunes – for a nice chewy texture)
6 Scoops ALLMAX ISOFLEX Peanut Butter Chocolate
2-3 tbsp water
(Optional) ¼ cup unsweetened coconut for garnish
- Lightly grind up 1 cup of the nut mixture and a couple of spoonfuls of ground (you can also use whole) flaxseed and set aside for later.
- Measure out 1 cup of rolled oats and 2 tbsp of ground flax and set aside for later.
- Using a large pot, add the peanut butter and honey, and heat. (Makes it soft so you can mix more easily)
- Add nuts, (optional dried fruit), rolled oats and 6 scoops of ALLMAX ISFOLEX Peanut Butter Chocolate protein powder, mixing in one at a time. You’ll need to add some water as you go to get it to mix.
- Get a container, line it with wax paper, grab hunks of the dough and roll it into the shape of a bar (you will use a separate piece of wax paper to flatten later) and (Optional: Garnish with the coconut).
- Repeat until you’ve gone through all the dough. If you run out of space, separate with the wax paper and make another level.
Originally published @ FITLODE.COM