Cinnamon is one of those spices that has many health benefits:
- Helps prevent breast cancer
- Has a high thermic effect on the body
- Helps in prolonging the digestion process in the stomach
- Relieves diarrhea and nausea
- Aids in peripheral circulation
- Enhances digestion
- Promotes the metabolism of fats
Recent studies have shown that cinnamon also affects blood glucose levels. It does this by prolonging the digestion process of the stomach, which helps to reduce spikes in insulin levels after eating a meal.
This effect it has on blood sugar levels helps in weight loss as you feel fuller longer, so you’re less likely to give into food cravings and you won’t feel so hungry all the time. It also boosts your metabolism and helps to control blood sugar levels.
I use cinnamon on my oatmeal in the morning and on top of yogurt or in my protein shake. I often make a Chai Tea with almond milk and will add a cinnamon stick just for fun and flavor. All you need is just 6 g of cinnamon a day to improve overall health.